NDICA is honored to be an awardee of the Illinois R3 cannabis community reinvestment grant. We look forward to expanding our work in Chicago’s communities impacted by the War on Drugs. With these funds, we are able to provide expungement clinics, job resource fairs and provide youth development programs across Illinois.
Below is a list of all forthcoming events organized by NDICA & its Community Partners:
Youth Filmmaking Mentoring Program with Brian Hooks
launching in partnership with Left of Bang Entertainment. Program participants are taught the basics of independent filmmaking, from pre-production, production, and post-production. Every session will have a special guest “celebrity” mentor that will come online and speak with the participants.
- Open Enrollment
- Where: Online
- Registration Link: https://bit.ly/youthfilmmaking
- Left of Bang Entertainment was founded by Brian Hook. Briand is an actor, producer, writer, director, and stand-up comedian with over 25+ years in the entertainment industry.
2022 Summer Health And Humanities STEAM Program
You are invited to submit an application to participate in the 2022 Summer Health and Humanities STEAM program with NDICA. The program is for students that will be in 7th – 12th grade in School in the Academic Year 2022-2023.
NDICA is a social equity non-profit where our agenda is focused on community empowerment, where we have a college ready initiative, workforce development and career placement for the communities in which we serve. We are a place of support and counsel for our students as they move towards their future.
- Open Enrollment
- Registration Link: https://bit.ly/3AcHaOV
- Program dates are: Monday, July 11, 2022 – Friday, August 12, 2022.
- Classes: Monday – Thursday, hours of operation: vary from day to day, the attached schedule details the times classes will meet.
- The five-week program will consist of classes, workshops, and field trips.
(Students must be present 16 out of the 20 days to remain in the program)
While vaccination is not required, we highly recommend that due to the nature of the program being an in-person program students be vaccinated.
This is a free program.
Note: In the event of insufficient enrollment, the program may be canceled.