Please remember that these beds are prioritized for outreach workers to connect with their vulnerable clients. As such, please do not disseminate beyond outreach teams at this time.
Since these are opening on Friday evening, I’ll be communicating directly with weekend teams on Saturday and Sunday.
If there remains beds open by Monday, I’ll let you know. Buses divert when there’s a site to divert to. When everything is full, the buses stop running.
Amenities to share.
- Showers, bathrooms, 3 meals a day, pets allowed (and petfood available), park space to walk around (practicing social distancing).
- Walkups are allowed! See below for addresses.
- Nurses will perform COVID-19 screening at the site prior to entry and provide health education during intake.
For those taking the bus:
- Please find below the current bus stops.
- Clients should look out for LA CityRide Buses (the smaller ones): A picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/61451933@N02/40731594484
- Clients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms by LAPD officers prior to boarding the bus. They will also be screened by nurses upon arrival to the site. This is just to be cautious & safe for those already on the bus. They will get health education by the nurses upon intake.
Shelter / Bed Counts:
- Alpine Rec Center – 60 beds
- Lafayette Rec Center – 34 beds
- Downey Rec Center – 32 beds
- Opening day: The three shelters will open up at 5:00pm on Friday, April 3rd.
- Walk ups: Walks will be allowed starting at 5pm on Friday until 7:45pm.
- For the days following, walk up hours will be from 9:00am – 7:45pm.
- Buses will be running from 4:00pm – 8:00pm on Friday and from Saturday on, the buses will run from approximately 10am – 5pm.
- Each site will have 1 bus running along a specific route, with the exception of Downey, which will have 2 buses running. This second bus for the Downey route will allow for pick ups in the Skid Row area.
- Bus stops are listed below.
Alpine Recreation Center (CD1) SPA 4 – 817 Yale St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- College / Spring
- Alameda / Los Angeles st
- Towne / 5th
- San Pedro / 5th
- Wall / 5th
- N Los Angeles / 1st
- N Spring / 1st
- Grand / 1st
- Grand / Cesar Chavez
- Figueroa / Alpine
Lafayette Recreation Center (CD10) SPA 4 – 625 S Lafayette Park Pl, Los Angeles, CA 90057
- Vermont and 8th
- Olympic and Vermont
- Olympic and Hoover
- Olympic and Bonnie Brea
- Union and Olympic
- Garland / 8th
- Beaudry Ave/6th street
- Witmer /6th
- Westlake /6th
- Lake /6th
- Parkview /6th
Downey Recreation Center (CD1) SPA 4 - 1772 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90031
- Los Angeles St / Arcadia St
- Maple / 6th
- San Julian / 6th
- Crocker / 6th
- Gladys / 6th
- Stadium Way /Chavez Ravine Pl
- N Broadway/Bishops Rd
- Elysian Park/N Broadway
- N Ave 21 / Pasadena Ave
- N Ave 18/N Broadway